In episode four of Complementary Training podcast, I am speaking to Mike Boyle.
There is no need to introduce Mike. Love him or hate him, he is one of the most influential strength and conditioning coaches and authors in the field.
His book Functional Training for Sports just got the second edition and Mike covers how did this book improve over its predecessor, as well compare it to the similar titles that seems to pop-out lately.
Besides chatting about the new edition of the book, here are the topics covered:
- Why do people think Mike Boyle's "functional" training is BOSU ball crap?
- Mike adresses the critique of his program being "cookie cutter" and how does he individualize the training
- Differences in Mike's approach when working with off-season athletes in personal facility vs. working in a club settings
- Influence of the facility and business model on training program
- Chat about the PRI stuff and how he implements it in his programs
- Suggested readings and resources for S&C coaches
Mike can be found on Twitter @BodybyBoyle